Welcome to my addiction!
I’ve been pole dancing since 2011, am a cast member of the internationally renowned “Girl Next Door-A Pole Soiree”, an instructor at The Choreography House (2013 International Studio of the Year) and at Luscious Maven, co-owner and Master Trainer with PoleMoves and co-owner of X-Purr. I’ve also served as a judge for numerous PSO events and international competitions.
My pole titles include:
- 2016 Winner-International Grand Masters Division, North American Pole Dance Championship
- 2014 Winner-Masters Entertainment, Pacific Pole Championship
- 2014 Winner-Story Telling, United Pole Artists’ Poler’s Choice Awards
- 2014 First Runner Up-Masters Division, Paragon International Pole Dance Championship
- 2014 First Runner Up-Masters Division, Pacific Pole Championship
- 2014 First Runner Up-Masters Division, Pacific Aerial Arts Championship
From here, you can check out my latest blog posts below, take a look at some of my performance videos by clicking here, check out my upcoming trainings and workshops and get information on private lessons and competition coaching. Thanks for stopping by!
- Inspiration: Yvonne Smirk-Dutch Championships 1st Place April 30, 2014
Yvonne Smirk took first place at the Dutch Championships on April 5-6, 2014. Not surprising. OMG, her precision, strength, innovation, fluidity, musicality-everything about this is gorgeous!
- My Week In Pole: April 26, 2014 April 26, 2014
I spent over 12 hours at The Choreography House this week taking classes, teaching and working on my next routine. I think the first minute of the routine is done, but I was struggling with my first spin pass. For some reason I just couldn’t get myself to stay on the pole on Wednesday (no video clips from that day!) I’m also planning to put a brass monkey press up into a Janeiro in the routine, but that wasn’t working either! My press up was more jump than press and I couldn’t get my back to bend around the pole like it used to… I love learning all these other cool new tricks, but it’s a bit frustrating going back to something you haven’t done in a while and realizing you can’t do it anymore. I should probably spend some focused time working on my back flexibility. I haven’t been able to make it to Carolyn’s stretch class in a few weeks.
This week included classes with Reiko, Ching and Lily. Reiko taught some fun, creative pole choreography and spin pole, Ching taught some fun spin pole as well-I’m very excited about the Heroine spin! Just need to clean it up a bit. In Lily’s class we worked on the Icarina (spelling?) which I was finally able to do, albeit going into the move a little differently.
Here are some clips from the week (including my ugly, failed Janeiro attempts!)
- Performance Video: Pacific Pole Championship April 18, 2014
Here’s my official PPC video of the routine that won me the gold for the Championship’s Masters Entertainment Division! The same routine also landed me second place in the Masters Championship Division.
- TCH April Retreat Weekend April 14, 2014
Just finished a jam packed pole weekend! Did 14 hours of pole and dance at The Choreography House’s April Retreat with special guest instructor, the amazing Heidi Coker. Here’s just a tiny bit of what we worked on and learned:
- Performance Video: Girl Next Door March 2014 April 4, 2014
Here’s my modified PPC routine that I performed at the 2014 Girl Next Door “Cast of Champions” premiere: